The Weed Forager’s Handbook
Our book, The Weed Forager’s Handbook: A Guide to Edible and Medicinal Weeds in Australia by Adam Grubb and Annie Raser-Rowland, is a guide to all things edible, wild and weedy.
Price: $21.95 + $3 postage within Australia.
“In other words, if you eat, then this book is a must-have companion.” ~ Costa Georgiadis, host of Gardening Australia, from his excellent foreword(!)
“This handbook is the essential text for both novice and experienced wild food foragers. The guidelines, excellent ID photos and choice of most useful and common species will give the novice confidence while the facts and recipes will extend all but the most advanced weed aficionados.” ~ David Holmgren, co-originator of the permaculture concept
Upcoming Edible Weed Walks and Workshops
Get in touch with your inner hunter-gatherer at one of our upcoming workshops.
The following workshops are $25 ($20 concession). Click the links for more info and to book.
- Edible Weeds Walk – Sun 19 Aug, 11am-1pm, Merri Creek (exact location TBC) – FULLY BOOKED
- Edible Weeds Walk – Sun 19 Aug, 2pm-4pm, Merri Creek (exact location TBC) – FULLY BOOKED
- Edible Weeds Walk – Sat 25 Aug, 11am-1pm, Merri Creek (exact location TBC) – FULLY BOOKED
- Edible Weeds Walk – Sat 29 Sep, 11am-1pm, Merri Creek (exact location TBC)
- Edible Weeds Walk – Sat 29 Sep, 2pm-4pm, Merri Creek (exact location TBC)
Here’s a teaser video:
Thanks to Todd and his Deep Living Project.
Edible Weed Walk Testimonials
“I’m still not sure I can thank you enough for the informative weed walk that I enjoyed so much. So much more than a walk! And the notes – nothing short of fantastic. Thank you!” ~ Brigitte
“Thank you for a life-changing two hours! Our species is ridiculous to have lost this knowledge!” ~ Yolanda
“Your walk was amazing! I learnt so much.” ~ Rita