This video thanks to Todd Mansfield and his Deep Living Project.
This video thanks to The Age’s Michael Green.
This was Adam live on Channel 10’s The Circle in 2010
Annie was on Channel 10’s It’s a Lifestyle.
Here’s one for French TV, les bonnes mauvaises herbes.
- Talking purslane on Radio National’s First Bite
- Adam on 3RRR The Grapevine
- Adam on Red Symons 774
- Annie talking neighbourhood fruit gleaning on Radio National’s Blueprint for Living.
Print and online
- A really thoughtful article by Katherine Kizilos from 2007, Where the wild things are (The Age)
- A summary of many of the weeds in our book at: G Magazine
- With recipes: SBS Online
- Also: Frankie Magazine, SMH, Virgin Blue Magazine, Earth Garden, Kill Your Darlings, Slow Magazine, Organic Gardener Magazine, ABC
Note: in writing the book, we fact-checked a lot of things we had previously read in books. So we went to the primary sources, reading hundreds of research papers and lots of historical texts. Not all we thought we knew turned out to be true. There may be the odd bit of (harmless) misinformation in the earlier interviews (e.g., Adam mentions on The Circle that nettle has more iron than almost any land plant, a widely reported ‘fact’, but one which isn’t true, although it does tend to be extraordinarily high in calcium).